Believe it or not, you don’t have to wait long to get checks cashed.
In fact, 24-hour check cashing stores are available. This means if you need your check cashed on Christmas morning or late Sunday night, you can get your check cashed at any time.
Before you visit a 24-hour check cashing store, there are several questions to think about.
Here are eight questions to consider about 24-hour check cashing stores.
1. Why Are 24-hour Check Cashing Stores Available?
Today, 24-hour check cashing stores are exceedingly popular, and perhaps it’s easy to understand why.
These stores convert checks to cash quickly. That way, you won’t have to wait long after you receive checks to get money that you can use to pay bills, buy food and much more.
2. Where Can You Find 24-hour Check Cashing Stores?
You probably won’t have to go too far to find a place where you can get your checks cashed fast.
There are 24-hour check cashing stores located in most cities and towns nationwide.
Some of the top 24-hour check cashing locations include ATMs owned by nationally recognized banks like Fifth Third Bank and HSBC.
Or, you may find 7-Eleven and other small convenience stores that offer check cashing services so you can have your check cashed any time you choose.
There is always the possibility that Walmart and large retailers near your home may provide 24-hour check cashing services as well.
3. Are 24-hour Check Cashing Stores Just a Fad?
Don’t expect 24-hour check cashing stores to disappear anytime soon.
These stores offer many benefits, including:
- Unparalleled Convenience: Is there anything better than instant cash? With 24-hour check cashing stores, you can have your checks cashed in minutes – something that makes these stores incredibly convenient.
- Exceptional Security: A 24-hour check cashing store is a safe location that enables you to get your check cashed without risk.
- Multiple Check Cashing Options: Visit a 24-hour check cashing store, and you can cash tax refunds, employment checks and other types of checks.
The days of the 24-hour check cashing store are here, and you should expect 24-hour check cashing stores to stay in place for years to come.
4. How Does The Check Cashing Process Work?
The check cashing process is hassle-free, which means you can cash a check instantly.
Typically, the check cashing process involves five steps:
- Determine where you want to go to get your checks cashed.
- Review your checks and make sure they are legible. Be sure the name on your checks matches the name on your identification too.
- If you visit a 24-hour check cashing store with staff on hand, present your checks directly to a store employee. Or, if you go to an ATM, you’ll need to insert your checks into the machine.
- Be aware of any check processing fees in advance. These fees will be taken out when you cash your checks, so you’ll want to learn about them ahead of time.
- Find out about in-store conditions that may apply when you get your check cashed. For example, at some convenience stores that cash checks, you’ll need to make a minimum purchase before they’ll cash your checks.
The check cashing process usually requires just minutes to complete. After you’re done, you’ll have money in hand that you can use.
5. Do You Need a Bank Account to Cash a Check?
You might think that you need a bank account to cash a check. But this is simply not the case.
Check cashing stores are making it easy for anyone to get their checks cashed, regardless of whether they have a bank account.
All you need to do is present your check, and you’re good to go.
Check cashing stores don’t require you to have a bank account with a minimum balance to get your check cashed. Instead, visit the store of your choice, present your checks and you’ll get your cash immediately.
6. Do Check Cashing Stores Take Steps to Eliminate Risk?
Let’s face it – when it comes to getting your checks cashed, there is no need to leave anything to risk.
Lucky for you, check cashing stores go above and beyond the call of duty to provide you with fast check cashing in a safe environment.
Check cashing stores train their employees thoroughly, and these workers follow a secure process to help you cash out quickly and easily.
For the most part, a check cashing store will teach its employees how to spot scams.
As such, these workers may request identification and contact information when you go to get your check cashed. They may even require you to have your picture taken as an additional security measure.
And only after a check cashing store employee confirms your identity will he or she cash your checks.
7. How Much Will You Pay in Fees to Get Checks Cashed?
What you pay in check cashing fees will depend on where you go and the amount of the checks you cash.
For instance, some stores will charge a few dollars to cash checks up to $1,000 or less. Or, if your checks exceed $1,000, the total fee may increase accordingly.
Before you visit a check cashing store, find out about any fees that may be involved – you’ll be glad you did.
If you consider all of the options at your disposal, you can maximize the amount of money you get back when you cash your checks.
8. Should You Use a Check Cashing Store?
If you need checks cashed and don’t want to wait to receive your cash, 24-hour check cashing stores are ideal.
With 24-hour check cashing stores, you can get the money you need, exactly when you need it.
Plus, these businesses are safe and reliable, and you’ll likely need to pay only a minimal fee to get your checks cashed fast.
The decision to use a check cashing store is entirely up to you. And with this helpful guide, you should have no trouble deciding whether a check-cashing store is the best option based on your individual needs.
To learn more, check out our article on how to cash your first check.